Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bangkok Wok

Today, the hubby and I decided to be really adventurous, so we headed across the Susquehana River and into Mechanicsburg/Camp Hill area. I had heard of a great Thai place called Bangkok Wok, and I swear, it might be better than my old hole-in-the-wall New York City Thai joint in Hell's Kitchen, Pam Real Thai.

Bangkok Wok is BANGING!!

We got the fresh summer rolls, which were good, but not better than the Vietnamese version at Pho Thanh Thuy in Lancaster. The Papaya Salad had some good heat (just a little more than medium, please!) and it was really delicious - a spicy/tart vinaigrette flavor that was just beautiful.

The green curry with chicken was authentic and simple with the right balance of veggies, meat, and coconut milk - a winner!

Drunken Noodles with beef took home the prize, though. Fresh sheets of rice noodles slathered in basil, heat, and sweet. The beef was tender, and I was so, so very happy.

I envision many business trips beginning with a stop at Bangkok Wok for some Drunken Noodles to be eaten at the airport. I can't wait for my next trip.

No comments: