Monday, February 8, 2010

el Bulli is shuttering its doors...

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1956713,00.html

In what the article calls a "mild earthquake in culinary circles," el Bulli, the sweetheart Spanish restaurant of the WORLD, and baby of Ferran Adria, one of the most revered chefs to walk on the planet, is closing its doors to the public in 2012 for two years so that it can find what's next for themselves.

Although I've never been there, have no chance of ever making it in, and have only experienced it vicariously through magazine articles and news feeds, I'll miss it. Adria has done some amazing things with food, and while I can appreciate the artistry, it's so different and unique, that I can't even imagine the taste and texture of it.

They'll reopen in 2014 to something that will be even more magnificent and amazing, I'm sure.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sad that el bulli has now announced that their doors will forever be closed. They will not be reopening in 2012. Cross that off my bucket list.
I like your blog and your No Reservations column.