Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Singapore Airlines

If I were homeless and could choose to live anywhere, I might choose the first class cabin of Singapore Airlines.  First, the seat is bigger than my oversized chair that sits in my great room.  Actually, the seat is bigger than my great room.  When I first boarded, I looked for the overhead bins that would house my carry-on luggage.  That's when they explained that they don't have overhead bins.  They don't want their guests to hurt their backs and that I shouldn't worry, all my luggage would fit under my seat.  Say whaaat?!?!  They were kind, but I know they must have been thinking, Great - newbie International traveler - what a drag...

Beyond the pajamas, slippers, and full bottle of perfume they gave me, amongst other sundries, the food was pretty fantastic.  Here's the lowdown...

Smoked Salmon with an apple & walnut salad

Consomme - rich clear broth that was surprisingly flavorful.

And then, wait for the reveal... the Vermicelli Noodle Soup dish. A tad bland, nothing that a little salt couldn't fix, but check out the generous size of the seafood included.  The scallops, fish chunks, the shrimp.  Yes, indeed.  If I were homeless, that's where I would live...


No comments: