Thursday, May 5, 2011

Monica's in Boston

Jeff - this post is for you.

That incredible meal we had in Boston a few years ago?  You know, the one where they make their own pasta still?  The one in the North End where it seemed like it was in the alleyway?  And is so tiny that we had to shimmy our way through the place and then when we got to our table we could barely fit?  Yes, the place where we shared two gnocchi dishes - the best one being sweet potato gnocchi with sage, broccolini, and sausage.  Yeah, I remember that the gnocchi was soft, but with great texture and a sweetness from the sweet potato that went so well with the bitterness of the broccolini and the saltiness of the sausage.  I might be imagining it, but I think they added some red hot pepper flakes, or that could be my own addition because that's what I would have done.

And then remember that we had the San Michel Montepulciano that we all said we would split a case if I could find it?  I searched for weeks, and I couldn't find it anywhere.  I still remember its earthiness and how well it went with everyone's dishes.  It was one of our last meals as a Reese's team.  How could I forget?

Monica's.

No comments: