Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Biggest Loser

We don't have cable. Well, we have basic cable, but that only allows us to clearly watch those channels which are supposed to be free without turning our viewing pleasure into a miserable migraine-laden experience. I'll leave my distaste for the gouging cable company, which also is my internet provider, ahem, for another blog entry.

Okay, so back to my original intent. We don't watch a lot of TV. I mean, we don't really have the channels to watch a lot of TV. But I have found myself actually racing home to watch the Biggest Loser. I'm not even sure what time it starts, but I know it's sometime around 8-ish. Out of all the reality shows, I find this to be truly inspiring and uplifting. I hate the elimination round because, as competitive as I am, I really like most of them. They're all doing something that is so noble and...something that I can't do myself. My goodness, when it came to the contestants' last chance workout, it was so intense, I was almost sweating in my 60 degree living room just watching them. Contrast that with my workout tonight. It's so embarrassing, I won't even tell you what I did. Put it this way: I won't be sore tomorrow.

So thanks to the Biggest Loser, I'm going to work out hard tomorrow. I'm going to work out until I drench my t-shirt in sweat. I'm going to work out until I'm sore the next day... well, I'll start with an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill.

No comments: