Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let the crying begin...

Thank goodness for Netflix. I love the convenience of always having a movie available at any one time, and it's the one of the only times I like it when they try to suggest other movies. Usually I cringe at all that "You might like..." but with movies, you never know what you'll find and how that might otherwise affect life as you see it.

For some reason, my husband had Beaches on the list. That's right, my husband chose this movie. I think he wanted to see if it might make him cry like all guys cry when they watch "Brian's Song." Actually, the two are very similar, but for some reason, it's okay for guys to cry with "Brian's Song," but this movie didn't do anything to move his tear ducts.

It took me back to the 80's, when I had bad hair and jeans that tapered at the ankle. And despite all that time that went by, the sobbing began when Barbara Hershey is laying in her hospital bed and says, "I waited for you..." Killer.

So ladies, give your closest girlfriends a call. No, in fact, I say we bring back the art of writing letters. There's something about putting pen to paper that's intimate and real. They need you just as much as you need them. And as Bette Midler says in the movie about lost friendship and how it compares to having a man in your life, "It's just not the same."

No comments: